Material assistance can be provided for food, clothing, furniture and appliances, household items, and personal hygiene items.
Financial assistance is available for medicine, utilities, rent, and transportation.
Emergency Assistance Ministry operates by appointment only. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm. To schedule an appointment, please call 251-434-1500.
The following documents must be brought to the appointment:
- Current state issued photo ID for every household member 18 and older
- Current lease or mortgage statement or documentation of public housing
- All current monthly bills
- Names, birth certificates, and social security cards for EVERYONE in the household
- Proof of income: 4 consecutive pay stubs, proof of SSI/SSDI, child support, unemployment benefits, VA benefits, TANF award letter, SNAP (food stamp) award letter
- If seeking assistance for prescriptions, bring original written prescriptions or labels from all medications