Attention Adults 60 and Over:
If you meet the requirements listed below you may be eligible for assistance up to $300 to pay your power or gas bill.
- You must be at least 60 years of age and meet the household income guidelines.
- You must be a resident of Alabama and not reside in government-subsidized housing (Section 8, Housing Board, HUD, etc.)
- You must call 251-434-1500 for an appointment with a case worker. Please mention this article when you call.
- We will be at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church on Tuesday, April 25th, from 10:00am to 1:30pm.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
- ID and Social Security cards for every member of the household
- Must have current lease or proof of home ownership
- Must have copy of all current month’s bill
- Proof of all income (SSI, SSD, Social Security, Food Stamps, etc.)
**Individuals not meeting the above requirements but facing unforeseen financial crisis or hardship may also call to schedule an appointment with case workers to see if they qualify for other possible assistance.